Narrative Essay Topics
In a narrative essay, the writer tells a story about his/her personal experience. However, treating a narrative essay like an interesting bedtime story would be a mistake. It goes further. In this type of essay, the writer should speak about his/her experience within a specific context, such as a lesson learned. With a narrative essay, the writer not only entertains the reader but also teaches him, illustrating his point of view with a real-life example.
If you are assigned to write a narrative essay, here are some narrative writing prompts:
NARRATIVE ESSAY WRITING
How to Choose a Narrative Essay Topic?
Choosing an interesting topic and thinking over short story ideas is particularly important. When writing a narrative essay you should think about your life experience in the framework of the assignment’s theme, you would like to speak about. You should always remember that even a tiny event or incident could serve a plot for an interesting narrative story. The point is that it should convey a meaning; it should be a kind of instructive story.
There is a number of helpful techniques helping to invent an essay topic. If you don’t have a clue what experience to describe, you can brainstorm with your friends, surf the Internet or use this list of sample narrative essay topics.
Before getting started to choose a topic from the list provided by our writers, let’s read one of the narrative essay examples:
NARRATIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE
In case you already have the topic to write about but need help with your essay, you can contact our essay writing service in UK to order a custom-written narrative essay with www.essaymasters.co.uk! Our professional writers are available 24/7!
Below is the great list of short story ideas:
TOP 70 Narrative Essay Topics
- If I could go back in time.
- If I could change anything in the history, what would I choose?
- The time I saw the weirdest thing in my life.
- My most frightening experience.
- One thing I’m afraid to lose.
- If I could change one thing about me.
- If I had a billion dollars.
- If I could stop the time.
- The most beautiful thing in the world for me.
- The most pleasant sound for me.
- My first day at a new school.
- The time I lost my friend.
- The time I got a new friend.
- My first day at a new job.
- My most disastrous day ever.
- My happiest day ever.
- The most irritating things in my life.
- An experience that left me disillusioned.
- How I met my fear.
- The moment I overcome my phobia.
- The achievement I’m proud of.
- My most dangerous experience.
- The journey that has changed me.
- The experience that taught me how appearance can be deceiving.
- My act of heroism.
- My act of cowardice.
- A thing I would like to change in my past.
- My first month of living on my own.
- The most successful day in my life.
- The time I was wrong about the person.
- My sudden act of a kindness.
- What my younger sibling taught me.
- A time when I felt that I’m experiencing a historic event.
- How I started relationships.
- The worst quarrel with my mother.
- An experience I thought I would never have.
- The biggest risk I’ve ever taken.
- Why do I like being alone?
- The hardest decision I’ve ever made.
- The hardest thing I’ve ever done.
- What challenges have I overcome?
- How do I relieve stress?
- What do I do when I feel depressed.
- 5 everyday problems that bother me.
- Who inspires me and why.
- Whom would I ask to come if I had my own Talk-show?
- People that have changed my life.
- Books or movies that have changed my world view.
- Devices playing the biggest role in my life.
- Side effects of my digital life.
- One day or week without an access to the Internet.
- What my profile in social networks tells about me.
- What music inspires me.
- What music can change my mood?
- What movies inspire me.
- What role television plays in my life.
- What television shows have mattered to me?
- What reality-show I would like to participate in.
- What memorable poetry have I learned?
- What books teach me.
- Why do I keep (or don’t keep) a diary or journal?
- What words or phrases I don’t like to use.
- The time I learned that grammar is necessary.
- The greatest conversation of my life.
- The teacher who inspired me.
- The role clubs and teams play in my life.
- My long-time passion.
- What superhero power I would like to have.
- Why I like (or don’t like) cooking.
- Waiting in line story.
More about a narrative essay:
NARRATIVE ESSAY OUTLINE
Have you already chosen a topic for your narrative essay? If not, feel free to contact our professional writers as they will offer a lot of topics to write about. Place an order for getting an instant quote for your narrative essay.
A List Of Original Narrative Essay Topic Ideas For College Students
Narrative essays are used to tell a story by the author. The story is usually from a person’s perspective and is also usually used to make a point. The common characteristics of a story are used. These include various characters, situations and events, a plot and a start and an end. The focal point of this type of essay is the plot. The story has a purpose and this is usually stated in the first sentence or the opening paragraph. This type of story sometimes uses dialogue and the writing is used to provide details and context to the story in terms of descriptions of the setting and surroundings. The events are usually described in a chronological manner.
The elements of these essays have to mesh together in a way so that the reader does not get confused by jumbled ideas. Planning how to write it in advance is a good way to keep a structure and succeed in writing a great piece.
The first step of writing an essay is usually choosing the topic if it has not been assigned to you already. This is an extremely important step and has a great bearing on the outcome. Read on below to find some great topics and get inspired:
- Sixty seconds of exhilaration: playing a game of football
- My time writing a novel about life and its complexities
- What having a baby taught me about being a father
- What being a writer taught me about being organized
- What my year off travelling taught me about the world and its people
- What I learned while working part time as a computer repair person
- How I became a sage by being a part time bartender during school vacations
- How the death of a grandparent affected my life in a truly profound way
- How the sport of spelunking cured me of my fear of heights and dark spaces
- How to survive in a life threatening natural disaster: my perspective
- What I learned from my time in high school
- What I learned from my travels in Dubai and the Middle East
- The life lessons I learned while I was learning to drive
- The perfect summer day: a walk through my imaginary world
- The proudest day of my life, so far: when I graduated high school
- A tale of my most embarrassing day; when a dream turned into reality