Here is the full guide for all the collectibles in the Special Assignments.
Blue = Police Shield Pieces
Red = Red Brick
Green = Character Token
Orange = Vehicle Token
Things to Do Before Starting Free Play
1) Obtain the Rex Fury Character Token from Special Assignment 15 and Purchase him for 1,000,000 studs and select him as your Robber character.
2) Obtain the Super Color Gun Red Brick. This red brick will make your color gun always fire the right color, removing the need to find the correct color swapper and ultimately saving you a ton of time. The Super Color Gun Red Brick is located Uptown on top of the toy store. To get to the top you will first need to find the green color for the gun. I used the color swapper in the museum in the north west corner, you pass by the room with all the colors on the way to a special assignment. After you change the two switches to green, head to the top and go left and use the teleporter.
Special Assignment 1: Some Assaults (Rooftops)
1) Vehicle Token #1 (Bastion) – At the start of the level swing across the gap then use the Astronaut Point. Up top open the door with the Crowbar and use the paint gun point. Head back down to the bottom and shoot the target just to the left of the teleporter. Enter the newly open right door and fix the fuse box in the right corner to find the token. *Only Attainable in Free Play*
2) Police Shield Piece #1 – Next enter the newly open left door and use the farmer point in the back. (1/5) The second point is on the rooftop where you encounter the first robber, its on the left side of the roof. (2/5) On the rooftop above where you encountered the first robber, head to the left side of the roof and use the Astronaut’s jetpack to fly to the rooftop to the left. In the back left corner is the third farmer point. (3/5) After you encounter the first robber you will head up to a new rooftop and then you will slide down to another rooftop. As soon as you land the fourth farmer point will be right in front of you. (4/5) The last point is a little further along, just to the right of the vine wall you are supposed to climb. (5/5) *Only Attainable in Free Play*
3) Police Shield Piece #2 – When you encounter the first robber on the rooftop there will be a pink cart to destroy. Rebuild it into an antenna. (1/3) The second antenna is where you encounter the second robber, destroy the left white machine on wheels to reveal the antenna pieces. (2/3) When you first see the final robber and he runs away, at the back of the building are some LEGO pieces to destroy to find the last antenna. (3/3) *Attainable in Story Mode*
4) Character Token #1 (Snakes Squealer) – On the same rooftop where you encounter the first robber, in the left corner will be a door you can open with the axe. Inside the room is a safe you can open, inside is the token. *Only Attainable in Free Play*
5) Police Shield Piece #3 – On the rooftop where you encounter the first robber, jump over the railing on the right to reach a lower level. On this level fix the fuse box. (1/3) Head up to the rooftop above where you encountered the first robber, in the back left corner is the second fuse box to fix. (2/3) A little further along you will have to climb a vine wall and then a blue pole to reach a new rooftop. On this new rooftop is the last fuse box to fix. (3/3) *Only Attainable in Free Play*
6) Character Token #2 (Conrad Peters) – On the rooftop above where you encountered the first robber , in the center of the roof will be a spot where you can use the drill. After you use the drill jump in the water spot to head up to the tower and pull the level. Next build the pieces that come out of the tower and then use the rc car to grab the character token. *Only Attainable in Free Play*
7) Fast Build Red Brick - On the rooftop above where you encountered the first robber, head to the left side of the roof and use the Astronaut’s jetpack to fly to the rooftop to the left. Charge the fan in the back right corner by building the three solar panels. Along the front edge of the rooftop are three boxes to destroy, each one will allow you to build one of the three solar panels. After the fan is charged head up top and grab the red brick. *Only Attainable in Free Play*
8) Police Shield Piece #4 – Upon arresting the third robber you will receive a shield piece. *Attainable in Story Mode*
9) Vehicle Token #2 (Broadcaster) – After arresting the third robber head to the left to find an Astronaut Puzzle. Complete it and then take the dynamite to the silver fan on the rooftop slightly down and to the right. Blow up the fan and jump inside the newly opened room. The token will be in the front left corner. *Only Attainable in Free Play*
Special Assignment #2: Trouble in Stir (Albatross Island Prison)
1) Police Shield Piece #1 – As soon as you start the level put out the fire in the bottom right corner. (1/5) The second fire is in the middle of the area. (2/5) The third one is in the bottom middle of the area. (3/5) The fourth is in the top left corner ish of the bottom floor. (4/5) The last one is in the bottom left corner. (5/5) *Only Attainable in Free Play*
2) Studs x2 Red Brick – After you obtain the robber outfit head up to the second floor. On the left side of the second floor will be a cell door you can open, once inside break the left wall and grab the brick. *Attainable in Story Mode*
3) Police Shield Piece #2 – After you use the key to enter the cell, walk across the plank and then use your axe to enter the cell at the end. Break the wall on the left inside the cell and then destroy the debris in the corner. (1/4) When you reach the third floor two inmates will come out of their cells, break all the items in the second one. (2/4) After you use the keycard to disable the lasers, head up to the next floor and then fix the fuse box in the center of the level. Climb the chain in the elevator and head all the way down to the left. Destroy the door with the axe and destroy the debris inside. (3/4) Open the cell with the axe two cells down, climb down the wall and destroy the last debris. (4/4) *Only Attainable in Free Play*
4) Character Token #1 (Blue Whittaker) - After you use the keycard to disable the lasers, head up to the next floor and head to the far right. Destroy all the objects in front of the jail cell, then use the scanner point to find the dynamite, Blow up the cell door and grab the token. *Only Attainable in Free Play*
5) Police Shield Piece #3 – In the warden’s office is a mechanical bull, ride it and complete the mini-game to receive the shield piece. *Attainable in Story Mode*
6) Character Token #2 (Prisoner) – In the warden’s office smash the LEGO bricks right next to where you came in to reveal a trace point, follow it to find the token. *Attainable in Story Mode*
7) Vehicle Token #1 (Rino) – After you use the secret elevator in the warden’s office, when you get out of the elevator use the axe to get into the room on the left. Head through the door and you will be in a new area. Inside this new area break all the items on the left table and build and use the new RC car. Grab the valve and place it on the pipe and use it to open the furnace. Next put out the fire and grab the token. *Only Attainable in Free Play*
8) Vehicle Token #2 (Scoot) – In the same area as above, destroy the vending machine on the back wall, left side, to reveal a safe. Inside the safe grab the dynamite and blow up the sink to the right. Jump in the water to grab the vehicle token. *Only Attainable in Free Play*
9) Police Shield Piece #4 – In Rex’s cell use the weight lifting bench. (1/2) On the right side of the room is a couch set, destroy it and use the drum set. (2/2) *Attainable in Story Mode*
Last edited by Dougiefresh613; June 6th, 2017 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Editorial sweep
Welcome to the Special Assignment Walkthrough for the LEGO City Undercover chapter Chapter 1 This page contains a full Story Mode Walkthrough in addition to a Free Play Mode Walkthrough containing locations for locations of all Police Sheild Pieces, Character/Vehicle Tokens and Red Bricks.
For more information about this Walkthrough, please see How to use Special Assignment Walkthroughs.
EditThe Main Cavern (Third Area)
Four-Part Police Sheild Piece #1
Extinguish FIVE Flaming Lego Barrels
1. Right beside where you start.
2. To the right of the guy in the wheel barrow..
3. In front of the "Big Spinnery-Whatsit".
4. On the left-hand side of the upper level, beside the color-gun switch.
5. to the left of the equipment shack on the upper level (where you got your Miner Disguise in Story Mode).
To the left of where you start, break apart the two-level pile of boulders to get Police Sheild Piece #2.
To the left of where you start, use your Grapple to flip over the platform floating in the grotto. when the platform flips, it will bring with it a Character Token.
Fix the drill rig in the centre of the level. It will drill a hole in the ground causing the large puddle to drain, revealing a hatch. Pry it open to reveal a Character Token.
On the middle level on the left side of the area, use the jetpack to fly over the electrified rail lines. Use the switch to de-electrify the rail lines. Fix the fuse box to activate a Green Color Changer. Change the Color Gun to green, then climb up to the left-most upper level and shoot the Color Gun Switch. This will activate the elevator to the right of the Switch. Hop in to grab a Vehicle Token.
There is nothing to collect in this area.
Note: It is possible to get from the left part of the area to the Hidden Area in the centre by Chicken Gliding from high up. (There is a teleport and Super Chicken Glide that go between the Hidden Area in the centre and right part of the area.) It's difficult, but possible.
Four-Part Police Sheild Piece #3
Release FOUR caged canaries to recieve Police Sheild Piece #3
1. On the left part of the level, above and to the left of the dynamite you light with a torch.
2. On the left part of the level, on the platform above the line of flagpoles.
3. On the right part of the level, on the small islands at water level.
4. On the right part of the level, in front of the shack with the safe in it.
Four-Part Police Sheild Piece #4
Destroy FIVE gold nuggets and be rewarded with Police Sheild Piece #4.
1. On the left part of the level, beside the catapult pad.
2. On the left part of the level, above and to the right of the dynamite you light with a torch.
3. On the left part of the level, above and to the right of the line of flagpoles.
4. On the right part of the level, on the small islands at water level (Shoot it with a gun of some sort).
5. In the Hidden Area (see below), beside the first ladder.
In the left part of the area, Jetpack up onto the broken elevator. Grab the crate of parts and place it onto the green pad. Use the parts to fix the elevator. The elevator will rise and give you a Vehicle Token.
Hidden Area - Watch for Falling Rocks!
Get to this area by Super Chicken Gliding from the highest level of the right part of the area. (To get up there, dynamite the blue hut in front of the shack with the safe in it, and build the catapult pad.)
Climb to the top of the area, while avoiding the boulders full of dynamite that come rolling down. (Be sure to get Part 5 of Police Sheild Piece #4 on your way!) Upon reaching the top, you will be greeted with the Unlimited Dynamite Red Brick.
To get back to the right part of the area, use the Teleporter; it will drop you back where you started your Super Chicken Glide.
Easter Egg: This area is designed to look like the original Donkey Kong.