Homework Club is a resource for students at Ingomar who are struggling to establish an independent homework routine. Homework club provides a quiet place to complete homework, enrich organizational skills, and receive tutoring. Enrollment is limited so that students can receive the support necessary for academic success.
The selection process for the IMS Homework Club is currently underway. Selection is based on referrals from parents, teachers, or counselors. Consideration for selection includes a review of grades, homework completion, disciplinary record, and classroom behavior.
The Homework Club will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15-4:15 in the IMS Library. Please pick up your child promptly at 4:15. If your child can’t attend a session for any reason, please send in a note or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check the IMS home page for information on cancellations of the Homework Club.
If you are interested in referring your child for participation in the Homework Club, please complete the following document and return to the counseling office. Once we receive the referrals we will notify you as to whether or not your child has been selected. If you have any questions in regards to Homework Club please contact Mrs. Giza at email@example.com or Mrs. Besterci at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Homework will not be in session on in-service days or holidays.
October 15, 2017
Homework Club Guidelines
Melcher-Dallas Elementary School’s homework club will begin on Wednesday, September 28. Homework Club is an opportunity for your child to complete work in quiet surroundings with elementary staff supervision and assistance. You are invited to carefully consider including this opportunity in your child’s academic program. Please make note of the following important information about Homework Club:
· Homework club is held after school on Wednesday’s from 1:45 – 3:00pm in the library
· There is no homework club on early dismissal days for weather.
· Dismissal from Homework Club is at 3:00 p.m. It is imperative that parents/guardians pick up their student on time.
· Attendance will be taken at each session. If your child will not be attending on his/her regularly scheduled day for any reason, you must send a note to the main office.
· There will be tutor assistance. The primary focus of our homework club will be literacy skills and math.
· If a student has no work to complete, they will be required to do independent reading.
· Misbehaving, not doing work, not coming prepared (with work, pen or pencil), and not being picked up on time are reasons the student may not be allowed to continue in homework club.
Homework Club Letter October 2016